Hello, my chickens!
Welcome to edition one, version one, take one of my new blog, "Sheer Claptrap." Inspired by Julie Powell's recent waltz through "Mastering the Art of French Cooking," I too have a blog challenge. I plan to explore and consider the entire collection of "The Federalist Papers," one by one, seeing if they really still have meaning for today's American citizen.
I'm especially looking forward to Federalist Paper XXI: "Other Defects of the Present Confederation." Seeing as how our present confederation has beaucoup de defects, that section should prove to be as juicy as, oh - I don't know...Julia Child's Beouf Bourguignon?
Okay, I'm kidding. Sheer Claptrap will have pretty much NO politics in it, because I, um, have about an 11-minute attention span for them. I'll be writing about far more important issues of the day, like "Why Do Men Spit?," "God, I Miss the 70s," and "I Hate People and Here's Why."
Please subscribe, please read, and please, please....send me your OWN claptrap!
-- Tracybelle
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I, too, hate people. Also most blogs. Looking forward to a lively conversation. Am I the only one who's a little disappointed that we're not going to talk about the Federalist Papers? Break a leg, TJo.
ReplyDeleteThanks for inviting me into your wonderful e-home.
ReplyDelete